Rather than talking about 'School Rules', we prefer to think of them as our Expectations of our students. This outlines the way we expect all students of Lagan to behave, and follows our four big messages of respect, equality, service and reconciliation.
Every student at Lagan College has a copy of these student expectations in their student planner, and we expect all students and parents to be aware of these and agree to them before you start the school. This allows us to make Lagan a safe and enjoyable place for all our students and staff.
Lagan College Student Expectations
- We use good manners and are respectful when we speak to each other face to face, on-line or by phone.
- We always act in a way that considers the feelings and safety of others.
- We wear our uniform correctly and with pride.
- We are on time for school and every lesson.
- We walk calmly around the school keeping to the left.
- We are good ambassadors for Lagan College whilst travelling to and from school.
- We come to school with the correct books and equipment.
- We complete and hand in homeworks on time.
- We listen carefully when others are speaking.
- We always work to the best of our ability and with enthusiasm.
- We take pride in our school and help to keep it clean and safe.